Please note in order to apply for any vacancies at The Fermain Academy you must complete our application form and submit with a letter of support.
For an application form, please click here
Current Vacancies at The Fermain Academy
Senior Admin / Finance Assistant
Reports to: Director of Business
Salary: Admin Support – FTE £17,170 pro rata to hours/TTO
Start Date: ASAP
The Board of Governors of The Fermain Academy are looking to appoint a Senior Admin/Finance Administrator to work under the direction of the Director of Business.
This is a truly unique opportunity for the right candidate to come in and make a meaningful contribution to a growing academy currently forming a MAT. Candidates are encouraged to arrange a visit to see the school and speak to the Director of Business to discuss the role and the opportunity.
Purpose of job:
To assist in the provision of a comprehensive administration and financial support service to the school.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To act as a point of contact for visitors, staff, pupils, parents, carers, outside agencies and other stakeholders. Providing advice, information, and assistance where possible either over the telephone or face to face. To provide hospitality for visitors as necessary.
- To provide administrative, clerical and financial support to the Director of Business and staff. This will include maintenance of records, written and electronic, origination of letters, photocopying, scanning and phone calls.
- To administer school registration procedures in line with statutory requirements
- To oversee the pupil enrolment and leaver’s procedures, to add to and maintain pupil and staff databases on Arbor.
- To complete statutory census returns
- To assist in the routine administrative arrangements in relation to the recruitment and interviewing of applicants for appointments
- To support the Director of Business in maintaining and monitoring staff information, including absences and staff training
- To ensure security procedures are followed when people enter and exit the school in line with safeguarding requirements.
- To undertake such other duties related to the work of the school appropriate to the post as may be assigned by the Director of Business /Head of School.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, safeguarding, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection.
- To maintain complete confidentiality at all times.
- To process, using HCSS, requests for services and goods from suppliers to chase progress of orders
- To process external invoices and cheque payments
- To produce internal invoices in relation to commissioning places and lettings.
- To produce finance reports as required including those required for the school audits, month end reporting and year end audits.
- To monitor and maintain stocks of supplies
- To update and maintain the schools asset register spreadsheet
To view the person/job spec please click here.
Closing Date: Friday 26th Octobero 2018
Interviews: w/c 5th November 2018
The Fermain Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Child safety recruitment procedures operate and appointment is subject to satisfactory references, enhanced DBS, qualifications check and all other relevant employment checks.